Monday, January 19, 2009

Miracles


Married life has been awesome! It's been great-everything that I hoped it would be. But it also has its challenges such as finances. I don't usually share something so personal, but I felt I needed to share this story. As of now, financially we are not doing so good. We have been struggling to tell you the truth. With events such as Christmas and January Birthdays galore- plus the mortgage and the bills- we took a hit financially. This week for the first time in my life, we went into the red! If you don't know what that means, it means you go into the negative- you don't have money. Your spending money that you don't have.



So obviously, we were panicing and we were very worried. As you can imagine,we started quarelling and bickering about money. To be honest, these fights takes a toll emotionally and spiritually. It really is tough. And mentally it takes a toll, when will the money come in? Our paycheques wouldn't be in for a whole week! Where would we get the money to pay for the other bills??!! 



The next day, I went home to my parents house and I had some mail. So I check it and in one of the envelopes was a cheque! A $92 cheque! What the heck!! And it was just enough for one of our bills!



The next week we got our pay cheques and we had to pay our bills- but for some reason our pay cheques weren't enough! We had only $63 left in our bank account and we needed $200 to pay our tithe and one of our bills. Where would we get the money? 



So we were again scared! What do we do? I can't believe this is happening! For two weeks in a row we would be in the red again! Now I had to go get gas that evening and I was thinking of using our credit card since we had no money. But before I went to get gas I checked the mail. And in the mail was a $69 cheque!! But it didn't stop there, Shaula found a $100 cheque that she got in October 2008 but had forgotten to deposit! It was more than enough to pay our bills!



God is good man! God is soo goood! I cannot even describe how good He is! He always comes through for us. He always provides! I cannot explain what just happened- the only way I can explain it is that God showed up. He has never let me down.



God loves you! He knows your needs! Trust in Him! I don't say this because I am a "Pastor" or that I'm trying to sell you something. But this story truly happened to me and Shaula. This happened in real life. Does God still do miracles? I think so! Actually, I know so because one just happened.

3 comments:

  1. Yah all of those events were so cool =). For me, it has really solidified my trust in God (which was wavering before to be honest), and I know we'll always be okay even tho it may see scary =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thats amazing David and Shaula. Gods grace will ALWAYS show through when he needs you to trust him the most. im so happy to see your trust ad faith in him, and i hope that many people may learn from you guys. you are a great example and God will bless you two abundantly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how gracious did god's grace appear. you know, to tell you the truth Dave, i always do worry about everything even though i usually, and hypocritically, tell people not to worry about anything coz god provides. its amazing to see that God still DOES provide for his servants. its humbling to me that this actually does happen in modern life. it reminds me of that story in the bible, where the children of god were walking to the promised land. remember that? God rained down manna on them every single meal time and provided enough for them to be full. and he did this every single meal. its so...uplifting... to see that god still does rain down provisions to us when we need it. God is good David. God is Good.

    ReplyDelete