Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Things to come...

It's coming..and it's coming fast! I cannot express how I excited I am for this journey that is about to begin. It's awesome that many of my closest friends are coming along for the ride. I've said this before, but I will say it again. I believe God is raising up a new wave of Christians to change the world for Christ. Knowing this, I cannot sit back anymore- I must join it! I am excited to see what God will do! I know it will be something BIG! 

I'm also curious to see how people react to adversity and disappointment. I want to remind everyone, that though JESUS promises LIFE and LIFE to the FULL- He also said that there will be a thief that will come to steal, seek and destroy. The Devil will do whatever it takes to stop and derail this movement. So I totally expect disappointment and adversity. BUT it is how we react to this; it will show how much we believe in a God who is bigger than the one of this world. 

I often pray that the Church would be an upstoppable force that loves and serves people. A Church, where the Holy Spirit is free to work and the transforming power of Jesus becomes alive in each one's life. BUT most of all, I want it to be a place where people worship and have an encounter with Jesus. 

BUT I wonder, how will we reach people? How will we disciple people? We don't want just converts, we want people to become fully alive in Christ. But how do we do that? How do we guide people to become what Jesus DREAMS them to be? 

So many questions, yet there are also so many dreams! What will happen in a year is yet to be seen? But all I know is that I have been called to this new adventure and whatever it brings, I'm sure it will be exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment