Monday, March 1, 2010

Life without God

These past few weeks have been pretty rough, maybe a better word for it is overwhelming. There were so many times where I felt so anxious and so worried that it was taking over my life. The only way I could respond to it was to turn to God. I needed help. I needed to talk to Him and seek his presence.

These past few days I have been better. I've been more at peace and I feel more secure as I trust Him. It gave me a new sense of how much I need God; that I can't go through life without Him especially when problems become so overwhelming.

As I was going through this, I was wondering to myself how it would be like to not have God in your life . It's hard for me to imagine life without God. It would just be so hard. It would even be more stressful and challenging. I would have a hard time surviving. Like what do you do when you know you can't do it? What do you do when you fail? Who do you turn to when you need help and your friends and family can't? If we rely solely on ourselves, failures become even bigger because we have no one to blame but ourselves.

I wonder that perhaps we were not meant to rely just on ourselves- it would just be too hard. That maybe we are limited. Maybe there is a reason for that, maybe God likes it when we rely on Him, when we depend on Him, when we trust Him. I know some people would call God a "crutch". But I don't see it that way. I see it more as a loving Father and friend who has tremendous compassion to our circumstances that He is eager to give a helping hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment