Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Church Thoughts Part 7


I have exciting news for you all! So I went to the Board on Sunday and talked to them about our desire to be financially independent. I told them that we felt that God was leading us in this direction. I told them our ideas of individual donors and fundraising- and that in order to do this we needed a charity number and tax reciepts. So I asked them if they can help us with this and they said yes! 

I told them our reasons for doing this:

- this will be very exciting- bring our group together- everyone can participate
- promote our church to our friends, family, co-workers etc.
- lets us take a step of faith because this is never guaranteed- allows us to trust in God
- it gives God an avenue where the impossible can happen
- allows the Bridge to be involved through prayer and also in helping us use the charitable number and issuing tax receipts
- allows them to support Pastor Roland- I think he needs it more than me



When I was talking the Holy Spirit was really in that place. There was a unique silent hush while I was speaking- it was really weird but also cool at the same time. At the end of my proposal, one boardmember commented that they felt at peace when I was talking. I thought that was awesome and a great affirmation that we are doing the right thing.

Now for our Wednesday meeting we will need to discuss ways to raise funds and how we can reach out to individual donors. I already had people come up to me and say that they are willing to support the Church. I thought that this was awesome!

This will be a full Grace Generation Church effort! We all need to pull our weight and work together. These are very exciting times! I am very excited to see what God will do! If I'm honest there is still some fear in me, but I trust God will meet my needs and the Church's needs. Let us join Christ as He goes out to change the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment